Sunday, June 8, 2008

On Posting the "Quote du Jour"

Just a bit of a personal aside here. For those of you Jonesing for pithy political content- Move along! Nothing to see here!
But, one small pet peeve or disappointment when I would visit blogs I liked, was not seeing new content. It has been pointed out, that when one receives this content for free, one ought not to complain about the delivery schedule! Nevertheless, I wanted those who might come to frequent my blog to have at least a little something new, some bon mot, every day they visit, whether I'd had time or inspiration enough to put 1's and 0's to phosphor and magnetic medium that day.

So...a quote of the day! Brilliant! At least at first...grab maybe ten of my favorite quotes, line 'em up...bang! Miller time! (or Diet Coke, but you get the idea!)
Then, it was ten of my favorite authors...
And now, with several score of quotes out there, I am going to have to get...(Shudder!) ...organized!
That's right! In order to keep things interesting and try to keep a balance on the pithy, the profound, the poetic, the prosaic, the political, and the pragmatic quotes (and not repeat any of them), I'm going to have to inventory my intellectual "wares" to make sure none of them get "stale"!

Not complaining, mind you! More on the order of a "count the cost before you commit to something". This blog is still a labor of love, it's just a bit different than I imagined! Heh.

Also, you might notice some new blog feeds from some of my favorites down along the right hand column. This will help you keep track of when they have new content!
No need to thank me! All in a day's work! Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment