Saturday, September 6, 2008

Obama's Plan "B" on Gun Control?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress."
-Barack H. Obama
Sounds like Plan "B" to me!


The latest example came Friday during a small political event at SCHOTT North America Inc., a glass factory in Duryea, Pa., where even a hand-picked crowd threw Barack Obama a curve ball. A woman in the crowd told Obama she had “heard a rumor” that he might be planning some sort of gun ban upon being elected president. Obama trotted out his standard policy stance, that he had a deep respect for the “traditions of gun ownership” but favored measures in big cities to keep guns out of the hands of “gang bangers and drug dealers’’ in big cities “who already have them and are shooting people.”

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room. So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me.


“Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress." -Barack H. Obama

Sounds like someone who's thought about it more than casually to me! The candidate doth protest too much, methinks!

Cross Posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment