Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Behold the Egotist-in-Chief!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Fifty times during his UN speech, Obama used the pronouns "I", "me" and "my". What's worse, is he thinks he not only represents America, but is synonymous with it! He tells the gathered world community:

So for those who question the character and cause of my nation, I ask you to look at the concrete actions that we have taken in just nine months.

On my first day in office, I prohibited - without exception or equivocation - the use of torture by the United States of America. I ordered the prison at Guantanamo Bay closed, and we are doing the hard work of forging a framework to combat extremism within the rule of law.


Get that? You want to see the character of my nation? Just look at what I did!

It's bad enough that you have to shoehorn his swollen head into small places (like the Grand Canyon), but did he have to slander his country at the same time?

This nation did not stop torture nine months ago when the southbound end of a northbound horse rode into Washington D.C., because it was not torturing before.
Why must "The One™" reinforce the mistaken notions of America as torturer, just to receive the adulation of a room full of crackpot, tinhorn dictators?

It's one thing to exaggerate the faults of your opponents in a domestic, political race, but Barack Obama's "Mea Culpa" tour has gone too far. I fear that we will hear the words of "The One™" used against us, from the lips of despots and dictators who oppose the cause of freedom and democracy in the world.

Nice going, Barack!

Cross posted at Say Anything

Update: And here I thought it was only me!

Obama's Speeches-- Obama Mentions Self Nearly 1,200 Times!

Obama loves to hear himself talk – about himself. In just 41 speeches so this year, not including this week's big speech at the United Nations, Obama has talked about himself nearly 1,200 times – 1,198 to be exact. (That breaks down to 1,121 “I”s and just 77 "me"s.)
Nar-cis-sism – noun
1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity
--Dictionary.com


In mythology, Narcissus was the guy who fell in love with his own reflection.

In 2009, he’s the president of the United States.

Instead of adoring his own image, Obama loves to hear himself talk – about himself. In just 41 speeches so far this year, not including this week's big speech at the United Nations, Obama has talked about himself nearly 1,200 times – 1,198 to be exact.

No comments:

Post a Comment