Friday, December 11, 2009

Why Tiger is Smarter than Barack

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Tiger's statement:
After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.


What Tiger didn't say:
I'll be taking the next year and a half off from golf, at which time I will attempt to pick up where I left off.


Even if he thinks he knows how long his hiatus will be, Tiger was smart enough to know not to be presumptuous about setting a timetable for his triumphant return. He knows that events out of his control might cause him to revise that estimate. Best to keep his own counsel until his return is eminent.

If managing the PR of one golfer is best held close to the vest, how much more the conduct of a life and death shooting war, where a premature exit strategy might signal an entrenchment of the forces of our enemies until we leave and we have to spend yet more blood and treasure to finish the job.

Cross posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment