Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pardonnez-moi. Excusez mon français insuffiçant, s'il vous plaît.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The very French looking John Kerry


Not high on the list of Important Stuff, but persistent, nonetheless, is the recurrence of French spam in my inbox. It appears to be a phishing scam, as the words "Pay Pal" figure prominently in every title, but other than forwarding them to the Proper Authorities, they keep showing up, day after day after day. So, just curious more than anything else...

Any activity from French weasels in your inbox?

Let me make it clear, to all my readers, particularly those in France, that I do not wish to imply that the French as a whole are weasels. But of all the multilingual pieces of junk mail that I have even a prayer of categorizing, that of this small band of Frenchmen (or faux Frenchmen) stands out as bogus. (I do receive junk mail in Hebrew, Arabic, and Japanese, among others, which I merely delete unopened.)
Merci.

No comments:

Post a Comment