Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Name That Tune" - A Bleg


A little sword box video to jog your memory.


I was discussing old songs with a friend of mine and I remembered a song I liked, so I looked to see if there was a video on You Tube. No only was there not a video, but I couldn't find a single reference to the lyrics. So, I'm going to print what I can remember of them and see if anyone out there remembers the song or the movie or musical it came from. If no one can identify the printed lyrics, I may be forced to sing them on You Tube...nobody needs to see that!

It was always, always you. Always, always you.
Though my eyes may wander, to and fro and yonder,
still my heart's affection always beats in one direction.

Every beat, for you my sweet!
All the love my (something) heart can (something)
So show that doubt the front door out,
'cause it was always you.


I think the guy singing was a magician and his sweetheart was his assistant. I seem to remember a bit involving a sword box illusion.

So, if any of you old timers or music lovers (or both) out there can give me a hand with the movie title, or who wrote the song or what those missing words were, I'd appreciate it. We'll make it a contest. The winner will not have to hear me sing!

Update: The song was from the musical "Carnival"
Music and lyrics by Bob Merrill
"Always Always You"—Marco the Magnificent and The Incomparable Rosalie

No comments:

Post a Comment