Know the warning signs of a stroke:
* Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
* Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
* Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
* Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
* Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
If you witness someone with these symptoms, get them medical attention immediately, even if they protest that they don't need it. Time is critical when treating stroke victims. If you have experienced these symptoms before and they reoccur, hie thee to a physician!