Monday, February 20, 2012

We Didn't Either, Did You?

Cross-posted at the Left Coast Rebel

Spotted near Carlsbad Village Drive and the PCH this afternoon in San Diego, CA.
Since I am always looking for a bloggable photo-op, I approached the individual pictured above. I was just cooling down from a run and a bit out of breath. I immediately appreciated the guy's chutzpah; he was sporting his tea party-related signage on an extremely busy street...

When I saw him from a distance I had no idea what his statement was; for anyone that is familiar with the area, he was stoically standing at the corner of Pine Street and Carlsbad Blvd. You know what I mean when I say that this particular little slice of grass, benches and beautiful Pacific Ocean views attracts some pretty colorful characters and there's always a decent crowd. Over the years I've seen it all -- flaming-bowling-pin jugglers, New-agers, anti-war hippies, exercise freaks, magicians, artists, well-endowed girls showing their "stuff", dog-whisperers, New-age JESUS SAVES! followers, Buddhists, panhandlers... the list goes on and you never know just what you are going to get. That's the fun of it, I guess. It's kind like a family-friendly version of Venice Beach, California.

Anyway, I digress. I approached Bill (let's just call him that for simplicity's sake) and told him that I liked his sign and that I "didn't vote for the Obamanation either." As an aside, if anyone reads my rants and scribbles, recall that I refused to call Teh Won anything but The Obamanation for at least six months after the 2008 election. This little tidbit enraged the leftist trolls to no end... ah, the good ol' days.

I digress, again. Bill told me that he lost his house in 2009 and that he has plenty of time on his hands to try to save this country from Washington DC. I like that. He told me that he has a plan that he's cooked up, some type of three-tier system that he firmly believes will save the country. I'm not sure just how it works. But I like plans cooked up by ordinary folk with skin in the game. Unlike Washington, plans like that actually might work.

Bill owns and operates HelpUsSaveTheUsa.com. I couldn't find his plan but check it out when you have a free minute.

Oh yes, he told me he's been on O'Reilly's show 22 times. This is as of now unconfirmed.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad this guy's story isn't unique in the Obama economy. We wish him well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. When he told me that he lost his house I told him that almost every single American has been adversely affected by the Obama economy.

      Delete