Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Eighth Blogiversary!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


As the swallows return to Capistrano, and Capistranans return to swallow, so comes the eighth blogiversary of Proof Positive. By the numbers: This time last year, nearly 9200 posts, 875,000+ hits and over 2.6 Million page views from 214 countries. Nine days after I started, I added the widget from the dearly departed Sitemeter, (RIP) which started off at about three hits a day (and one of them was me!).  Somewhere between a million and a million two, I had to dump the cootie infested Sitemeter and took up with Statcounter.

Today, over 10,000 posts, 1.3 Million hits* and over 3.3 Million page views from 216** countries.

This is not a solo effort. On Team Proof we find artist and cartoonist extraordinaire John Cox . His cartoons, some stand alone and some in collaboration with yours truly, add a great look and give perhaps a little more bite to some of the commentary.

For those of you who visit on a regular basis, again, I thank you for visiting here, whether contemplating the deep mysteries of life, the deep mystery of Life (why does Mikey like it?), or just laughing as we poke fun at the foibles of fools. For those of you who were just suckered in, er, enticed by a headline or photograph, I am grateful to you, too, and hope that once you stumble in here, you stay a while and take a look around.

As Editor-in-chief, el Jefe Grande, and all around cook and bottle washer, I ultimately take credit and/or blame for everything that appears here. To make this something you enjoy reading, I first make it something I would. Not everything here is meant to be earth shattering or profound, sometimes it's just funny, or, at least, interesting to me. And there's at least some new content everyday for non subscribers. (Subscribers sit with me on the beach, sipping rum drinks at Hanauma Bay. Subscription price To Be Determined.)

It's been a great eight years. Most days are more fun than work. I have been joined by some outstanding talents, to entertain, enlighten and inform you. I appreciate every one who visits here, even the ones who disagree with me. (And you know who you are!) I'm trying to educate you just as fast as I can! (And, get some higher quality trolls just as soon as I can afford them!)

- Mike,  a.k.a. Proof



Find me on Twitter @ProofBlog

(BTW, There should always be cake! )

*Verified in a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on the front steps of Funk and Wagnalls.

**Every year I think we've been viewed in every country in the world and every year more seem to show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment