Thursday, June 5, 2008

Results of the “Lapidary” and “Eristic” Poll.

Too small a sample to draw many conclusions from.
I was familiar with the word “lapidary” as it referred to polishing gemstones. But, Pre-Buckley, I’d never heard of people described as such!
characterized by an exactitude and extreme refinement that suggests gem cutting

Exactitude! That described Bill Buckley. And "polished" works, too!

Eristic was the tougher nut to crack! Not in one's typical vocabulary.
given to disputation for its own sake and often employing specious arguments


I am lapidary, but not eristic when I use big words.

Spoken like a true sesquipedalian! Heh.

1 comment:

  1. Proof, I don't have time to continuously reference my dictionary when reading your blog. Hehe. Just kidding. Keep your eloquence coming!!

    ReplyDelete