Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Audacity of a Padded Résumé, Part Deux

...as the French looking John Kerry might say!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now it's Obama/Biden, Home of the Whopper™


Chris Reed on some vintage Biden: In 1988, Biden was running for President (I know! Every four years whether he needs to or not!) and this exchange took place with someone with the audacity to question him in public:

''I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do.''

He then went on to say that he ''went to law school on a full academic scholarship - the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship,'' Mr. Biden said. He also said that he ''ended up in the top half'' of his class and won a prize in an international moot court competition. In college, Mr. Biden said in the appearance, he was ''the outstanding student in the political science department'' and ''graduated with three degrees from college.'' Comments on Assertions


Wow! Quite an impressive résumé! If only it were true!


In his statement today, Mr. Biden, who attended the Syracuse College of Law and graduated 76th in a class of 85, acknowledged: ''I did not graduate in the top half of my class at law school and my recollection of this was inacurate.''

As for receiving three degrees, Mr. Biden said: ''I graduated from the University of Delaware with a double major in history and political science. My reference to degrees at the Claremont event was intended to refer to these majors - I said 'three' and should have said 'two.' '' Mr. Biden received a single B.A. in history and political science.

''With regard to my being the outstanding student in the political science department,'' the statement went on. ''My name was put up for that award by David Ingersoll, who is still at the University of Delaware.''

In the Sunday interview, Mr. Biden said of his claim that he went to school on full academic scholarship: ''My recollection is - and I'd have to confirm this - but I don't recall paying any money to go to law school.'' Newsweek said Mr. Biden had gone to Syracuse ''on half scholarship based on financial need.''


Wow! This guy needs a teleprompter almost as much as Obama!

Hat tip The Corner
Cross Posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment