Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl XLIV

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


In case you've been living in a cave and haven't heard, there's going to be a football game on later today. I really don't have a dog in this fight. The Colts were my childhood team of long ago, back when Johnny Unitas was QB and they played in Baltimore.

The dead of night exit from there soured me (and not a few others) on the team, but Peyton Manning is certainly the most exciting QB to lead the Colts since Johnny U.

The Saints are having a fantastic year. This Super Bowl promises to be what it has seldom been: an exciting game and a real contest between two great teams.

So, I'll fire up the plasma with some of my kids and we'll watch the game. As to the six hours or so of pre-game hype? Nah. That's what DVDs are for!

Chips, dips, fumbles and slips... enjoy the game!

4 comments:

  1. Unimportant. I will read a book or watch a fact-based documentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The game should be great, although I watch little pro ball, being a college fan. I have lived in the Big Easy so I will have to go with the Saints this time. Trying to finish making my daily rounds so I can settle back and watch the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched the game with my youngest son (after we'd watched a movie in lieu of the pregame shows!).
    Found myself mildly disappointed when the Colts blew it.

    ReplyDelete