Friday, July 9, 2010

The Left Sees the World Through Group Identity, Collectivist Lenses: Rachel Maddow's High School Yearbook Photo

by the Left Coast Rebel

Far be it from me to criticize someone's appearance (wink, wink) but I found it highly strange and odd how the left-blogosphere is making such a big deal today out of a photo of MSNBC leftist talker Rachel Maddow yanked from her high school yearbook years ago:

RM1


I always find it so laughable, if not deplorable; when I see the left assuming the collectivist, group identity ideology. They are always the first, and nearly the last to scream, ''don't judge me, there aren't any absolutes, right or wrong, everything is a mellow shade of grey...''

Alas the second they see something like the (once) attractive Rachel Maddow pic from years back they scream, "look, she used to be hot and not so butch!"

Although I am not in the least surprised I must surmise, a question - why is it that the same people that scream 'tolerance' are always the first to cast judgment? Why is it that the first to scream 'racism' are also the first to notice one's skin color?

Why is it that anyone should care what Rachel Maddow looked like in high school?

It reminds me of a friend. Some time back I mentioned to a friend that I saw a segment on the Suze Orman show where a family was in dire straits or something....

"Did you know she's a lesbian!" was all that she could muster.

"Uh, yah, I assumed so but could care less....," is all I said.

She didn't get it. In her prism of university/media/Hollywood/liberal propaganda, group-identity cult, faceless souls are divided into sub-sectors of the population and then divided up according to the class/gender/ethnic/class/sexual identity model.

From there then, the individual assumes his value and worth. It's not a lifetime of achievement in finance (like Suze Orman) that means something - it's that she's a lesbian.

I find that sensibility beyond morally repugnant, don't you?

Cross posted to Left Coast Rebel, Rational Nation.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's "Maddow", but for some reason a Freudian slip always happens with me and it either becomes "Mancow" or "mad cow". Dyslexics untie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to admit that in high school she looked pretty fine!

    ReplyDelete