Sunday, November 21, 2010

TSA: Terrible Screening Activities

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


From San Diego, the airport that brought you "Don't Touch My Junk", brings the sequel: "Don't Show us, We'd Rather Feel For Ourselves".

Sam Wolanyk says he was asked to pass through the 3-D x-ray machine. When Wolanyk refused, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) personnel told him he would have to be patted down before he could pass through and board his airplane.

Wolanyk said he knew what was coming and took off his pants and shirt, leaving him in Calvin Klein bike undergarments.

“It was obvious that my underwear left nothing to the imagination,” he explained. “But that wasn’t enough for the TSA supervisor who was called to the scene and asked me to put my clothes on so I could be properly patted down.”


"asked me to put my clothes on so I could be properly patted down.”

Excuse me, but isn't the purpose of the pat down to ascertain that nothing harmful to the flight is hidden under a person's clothes? If virtually everything is in full view, the pat down should go a lot quicker. "Put your clothes on so we can pat you to see if there's anything under them"? That makes no sense. This is security kabuki and this passenger was improvising on his part. Handcuffing a guy and frog marching him through the airport for ostensibly making the screener's job easier? Unbelievable!

More at Gateway Pundit

Cross posted at LCR, Say Anything.

6 comments:

  1. I expect we're going to be hearing about many more such episodes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I'm afraid you're right. Subject Barry and Michelle to a few pat down gropes and x-ray pictures and it would be changed overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess going commando is not the best way to fly anymore eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy: That depends on whether you want to hit on the TSA screener or not.

    And speaking of depends...what do they do with those people wearing adult diapers?

    ReplyDelete