Friday, December 17, 2010

Dennis Leary in Demolition Man takes on NOW Suing and Hooters

by the Left Coast Rebel

This is an example of just how strange my brain works. Earlier today I blogged that NOW is going after Hooters here in the Once Golden State because, well, people are having too much fun at Hooters and minors are served. Oh my God!

Anyway, this is just how strange my brain works. Just moments ago a scene from 1993's Demolition Man with Wesley Snipes, Sylvester Stallone and a (very young) Sandra Bullock popped into my head as my morning coffee slowly wormed it's way through my vast lobal regions.

Mind you, I haven't seen the movie in at least 15 years.

The scene that came to mind was a speech given by the science fiction resistance fighter in the movie played by Denis Leary (yes, the comedian) wherein he states his ethos. It's basically a cruder version of the Gadsen flag motto, involving the freedom to choose, smoke, eat....and generally be left alone by do-gooders, nanny-staters or freedom-haters of all stripes (left and sometimes right, too):



I loved this clip even as a teenager with a far less honed political sense. Just another indication that I was leaning (heavily) libertarian, all the way back then.

x-posted to LCR.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I just watched that movie on Netflix the other day. That was a great little speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! We need more like that from Hollyweird...

    ReplyDelete