Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trump *would* Spend Over Half-a-Billion Dollars on Presidential Campaign

by the Left Coast Rebel

ABC News sat down with the Donald:


Some highlights from the ABC News interview:

"That's one of the nice things. I mean, part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich. So if I need $600 million, I can put $600 million myself. That's a huge advantage. I must tell you, that's a huge advantage over the other candidates."

That is a huge advantage but my call is that he's not going to do it. He's not going run. I just have a gut feeling about it and I think he is using the limelight opportunity to do what he does best -- self promotion.

On Boehner:
"I don't like the crying," he said of Boehner. "I do not like it. I don't understand it. I really like him as a person. I think the crying is an emotional thing that frankly, probably makes him a very nice man. But you know, I don't like to see it in a leader."
I don't like crying, either. It projects weakness. It's pathetic. But Boehner's statist proclivities + politics as usual as the nation burns financially and ongoing closed door betrayals of the Tea Party far outplay the ramifications of his overactive tear ducts.

He's also treading lightly re: Sarah Palin:
"An amazing woman. You know, she gets knocked by so many people and she just keeps getting back up and up."
Hmm, this tone seems to be an appeal to the GOP base.

My most astute libertarian and true conservative friends think that Donald Trump is just pulling off a major self promotion stunt in his 'possible' Presidential run. They don't trust him, to say the least. For further reading, Andrew wrote about Donald Trump and libertarians at LCR here.

Cross posted to LCR.

3 comments:

  1. I think you're right about the self promotion. Unfortunately, it's why too many of these bozos and boneheads run for president. It gives them a forum for whatever hobby horse they're riding and is a big ego stroke. Then they add it to their resume as if running for president were the same as becoming president.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally right, Proof. We need a leader that wants to be president for the right reasons: to return this country to sane fiscal policy and spending that will ensure our standard of living, not for some ego-maniacal show...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sometimes even some of the "good guys" get into the race for the wrong reasons. They know, (or should know) that they can't win, but they possibly draw votes away from more viable candidates.

    ReplyDelete