Saturday, April 30, 2011

(VIDEO) Drunk Verger Ben Sheward Does Cartwheels in Westminster Abbey After Royal Wedding

by the Left Coast Rebel

We didn't blog or discuss the Royal Wedding yesterday although I found myself incredibly tempted to do so when I saw footage of a Royal Horse royally heading for the Royal Family or Royal Peoples (actually, "commoners", lo and behold).

"Events" like the Royal Wedding don't hold my fleeting interest. I just have a weird personality. For instance the Rose Parade here in California makes my eyes glaze over and develop one of those inner eyelids that sharks have (also known as a nictitating membrane, don't ask how I know that).

Now, if a runaway military tank came barreling down the rose parade avenue, then you would have captivated my hard-to-earn interest (it actually happened here in San Diego, years ago and no, it wasn't affiliated with a parade, just some idiot with inner-working knowledge of an M60 Patton that thought he could terrorize the area with a tank. He died and nearly killed a bunch of people in the meantime).

But, I just can't help myself: I've been that way ever since I was a kid. Some call it ADHD, I call it the 'curse of the overactive mind' or just being a plain-and-simple weirdo (my wife agrees).

Why do I mention any and all of this? Well, I have to blog about the Royal Wedding, or at least something that happened right after the ceremony: video of a priest (actually a verger named Ben Sheward) doing cartwheels at Westminster Abbey, posthaste:



Now that's funny!

But, I wonder if he will be beheaded for his transgression? Remember, not so many hundreds of years ago, King Henry VIII had his wife Anne Boleyn beheaded on the charges of adultery, incest and plotting to murder the king (and with no proof and not necessarily in that order).

And yes, she had 6 fingers on one hand and a large goiter on her neck.

Cross posted to LCR.

No comments:

Post a Comment