Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"3 Reasons Why Tax Dollars Shouldn’t Fund Art"



Nick Gillespie said there at at least three good reasons not to fund art with tax dollars. A fourth might be that since "Art makes a statement", sometimes that statement is "Look how much money I took these rubes for, by giving them crap and calling it art!"

I like the "pennies per person" argument, too. Some years back, at an Oscar presentation, Martin Landau was wearing a pin crafted to look like two postage stamps. "Just the price of two postage stamps" was all he was asking for to fund the arts.

For just the price of two postage stamps, from every one of the 300,000,000 men, women and children in America, I promise I will produce a prestigious piece of art, sometime within my lifetime, possibly depicting my new waterfront property... or your newly acquired bridge?

More at Hot Air

No comments:

Post a Comment