Monday, January 9, 2012

Quote du jour

One reason we’re the Brokest Nation In History is because the great moronic security bureaucracy of the United States devotes untold resources to criminalizing the law-abiding – as I often have cause to reflect when being finger-printed and eyeball-scanned every time I fly back to the US from abroad. In my case, that’s because I’m a legal immigrant and making you feel like a punk who’s held up the liquor store is part of the price the bozo bureaucracy exacts for a Green Card. But why US citizens born and bred put up with this nonsense is another matter.

-Mark Steyn

3 comments:

  1. When the state security apparatus becomes decrepit and ineffectual at stopping the bad buys, it turns in on its citizens.

    I wish more people would listen to Mark Steyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Fiddle: Like generals always fighting the last war, the TSA is always reactive to the last threat, not the next one. Pretty much "We're doing something" theater.

    And yes, Steyn is a Cassandra for our time.

    Odie: Same here. I fear it's hurting the airlines. As G. Gordon Liddy says, When I was a kid, this was a free country.

    ReplyDelete