Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April Fool's Day!

If you've been visiting here for very long, you know that I like nothing better than a good April Fool's prank. Sometimes, I plan them out months in advance. The last couple of years have been inspired, if I do say so myself, but my readers are a really sharp bunch. It's awfully hard to get anything by them, particularly on April the 1st. So, this year, I decided to go for subtle...

Update: How subtle was it? Well, it was enough to make George Washington smirk. No. Literally. I gave the Father of our Country a slight raise of the brow and turned up the corners of his mouth in the banner. I also gave him just a touch of a cleft chin. I really should do an animated gif sometime. Switching back and forth between the two pictures gives the illusion of George cracking a smile.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. I never did spot that. I thought it was in your banner. I even googled images of Mt. Rushmore and still didn't see it. Good spooferoonie Mr. Positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I'd stare at it for a while, it looked so normal to me, I'd have to go back to the original to remind myself what it was supposed to look like! I'd said I was going for subtle this year!

      Delete