Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chain, Chain, Chain! Chain of Fools!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is the Dancing Bunny of Fortune


Not R and B from the sixties, but one of my pet peeves! (I know! First, it's French spam and now it's chain letters!)

When was the last time a friend, ( relative or acquaintance) sent you an email with a religious icon (or a dancing bunny or waterfall or sunset) and asked you to send it on to ten (seven, twelve) of your closest friends and to send it back to them, as well, to let them know they are your friend (you love them, you have a weak mind, etc.)?

And if you pray at a certain time or meet your quota of email forwards, by a certain deadline, something wonderful will happen to you!

"Ernesto Slobotnik of Tea Neck, New Jersey sent this letter to 42 of his closest friends and within a week, he inherited $42 Million."


Wow. I decided to put this to the test. I mean, how many Ernesto Slobotniks could there be in Tea Neck, New Jersey?

After I took all of Ernesto's money (thanks for copying his email address in your forward, BTW!), I bought a yacht and am currently offshore of a country with no extradition to the United States.

It's true! I guess you can become filthy rich with these emails! But, I'm a little busy now, working on my tan and rubbing oil on seven (or ten or twelve) of my new closest friends! And that's why I'm not returning your email! Heh.

(If you want to send this back to one of your friends in place of the real Dancing Bunny of Fortune, please be my guest!)

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I'm linking to this from my network for smashing chain letters. And it's hard to believe, but there really is a place in NJ called Teaneck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give us a link, Capri. Chain letters clogging up the Internet is the last thing we need!

    ReplyDelete