Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hi! I'm Ron Paul...Would You Like Some Kool-Aid®?- (2008)

Just a couple more. Bear with me!

For the last couple of weeks, I've been joking about the "Kool-Aid®" that the Ron Paul camp has been drinking. According to at least one of his followers, it isn't a joke!
John Derbyshire of the National Review received an email telling him to "follow the dream" of voting for Ron Paul. Then he had this to say:
Let us begin with the worst case scenario, which is that Ron Paul, if nominated, has no chance of winning the election. I suggest that this is one of the strongest reasons to make him the Republican nominee.

I know! I should have warned you! Now we have coffee, diet Coke®, and various and sundry other fluids covering our keyboards after a massive spit take! (I apologize!)
This line of reasoning goes hand in hand with the "We have to destroy the village in order to save it" mentality which we were sure was mythical!

The strongest reason we have to make Ron Paul our nominee is that he will lose. Well, they got that part right! Is 2008 The New 1964? (scroll down)

No comments:

Post a Comment