The end of the year is a traditional time for doing best of/worst of lists. In keeping with the spirit of the times, I give you: Top Ten Boneheaded Things of 2010 (I know we still have a couple more days, but I don't think anything is going to top these! Most of them I could have written back in September!)
10. Ellie Light: Astroturf and Sockpuppets for Obama
9. Threat to burn Koran: Fourteen and a half minutes of fame too much for FL pastor
8. Sharing the "Alec Baldwin Voicemail Award": Mel Gibson and Eleanor Holmes Norton for their outstanding performances on voicemails they wish they'd never left.
7. Obama bows to everybody in sight
6. Avatar released on DVD on Earth Day: Because nothing says "Save the Planet" like tons of non-biodegradable plastic designed to entice people to suck power off the grid to watch again and again and again.
5. Obama blows off Boy Scout Centennial to appear on "The View"
4. Turning NASA from Space Exploration to Self Esteem Agency
3. Obama takes advice from children: "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?" He should have asked Carter how Amy's opinion on nuclear weapons went. Tied with Obama's refusal to accept help from Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United Nations to clean up the Gulf oil spill.
2. Having Steven Colbert "testify" before a House committee on immigration
And the number one boneheaded thing of 2010?
1. Tiger Woods cheated on Elin Nordegren
(Honorable mentions: 1. Domestic Violence Lobbyist Shoots Husband, 2. The new Dem logo: Overhyped and "D" for disappointing, 3. Oval Office Rug gets quote wrong)
Thanks to Linkiest for the link, and a welcome to all of you who came from there!