Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy Sixth Blogiversary, Proof Positive!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


As the swallows return to Capistrano, so comes the sixth blogiversary of Proof Positive. By the numbers: This time last year, 7000+ posts, over half a million hits from 208 countries. Nine days after I started, I added the widget from Sitemeter, which started off at about three hits a day (and one of them was me!).

Today, 8000+ posts, over 700,000 hits and 2 Million+ page views from 210 countries. My "ebuzz" ranking (formerly Wikio) among American political blogs is 165.

Most notably in the past year was the addition of artist John Cox to "Team Proof". His cartoons, some stand alone and some in collaboration with me, have added a great look and perhaps a little more bite to some of the commentary. I'd like to thank Andrew Roman, as well, whose contributions are always thought provoking and well done.

For those of you who visit on a regular basis, again, I thank you kindly for the time you spend here, whether contemplating the deep mysteries of life or just laughing as we poke fun at the foibles of fools. For those of you who were just suckered in, er, enticed by a headline or photograph, I am grateful to you, too, and hope that once you stumble in here, you stay a while and take a look around.

I ultimately take credit and/or blame for everything that appears here. To make this something you enjoy reading, I first make it something I would. Not everything here is meant to be earth shattering or profound, sometimes it's just funny, or interesting to me. And there's at least some new content everyday for non subscribers. (Subscribers sit with me on the beach, sipping rum drinks at Hanauma Bay. Subscription price To Be Determined.)

It's been a great six years. Most days are more fun than work. I have been joined by some outstanding talents, to entertain, enlighten and inform you. I appreciate every one who visits here, even the ones who disagree with me. (And you know who you are!) I'm trying to educate you just as fast as I can! (And, get a higher quality troll just as soon as I can afford one!)

-Proof



Find me on Twitter @ProofBlog and Facebook

(BTW, There should always be cake! )

22 comments:

  1. Congrats Proof keep it up I must say I have missed the James Burke but I come back anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've been a fan for at least five of these years. Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Proof. Keep posting and I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the lovely Miss Marilyn! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Burke, too. When I have a moment to myself, I'm going to see if there's anything he's put out that I haven't published yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only five??? I thought I'd been keeping better attendance records than that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the encouragement! And keep posting those great pictures I steal, er, borrow from time to time! They make great banners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Keep up the great work...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Stogie! I trust you wore a bow tie to the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Proof! Well Done My Man.
    I'm myself quickly closing in on 1 million hits and 4th birthday. It's been a long haul.

    Keep up the good work and excellent humor, and Thanks for the past linkage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where does a Lady get a drink around here?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure! You might be the first! Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep the good work going and soon it will be 10.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 10??? What? No time off for good behavior???? Thanks, Admiral!

    ReplyDelete