Saturday, March 28, 2015

Happy Seventh Blogiversary!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


As the swallows return to Capistrano, so comes the seventh blogiversary of Proof Positive. It kinda crept up on me this year. By the numbers: This time last year, 8000+ posts, over 700,000 hits from 210 countries. Nine days after I started, I added the widget from Sitemeter, which started off at about three hits a day (and one of them was me!).

Today, nearly 9200 posts, 875,000+ hits and over 2.6 Million page views from 214* countries. My "Teads" ranking (formerly ebuzz, née Wikio) among American political blogs is 112, up from 165 last March.

This is not a solo effort. On Team Proof we find artist and cartoonist extraordinaire John Cox . His cartoons, some stand alone and some in collaboration with yours truly, add a great look and create perhaps a little more bite to some of the commentary.  Andrew Roman's commentary and contributions are always thought provoking and well done. Give yourselves a hand guys!

For those of you who visit on a regular basis, again, I thank you kindly for the time you spend here, whether contemplating the deep mysteries of life or just laughing as we poke fun at the foibles of fools. For those of you who were just suckered in, er, enticed by a headline or photograph, I am grateful to you, too, and hope that once you stumble in here, you stay a while and take a look around.

As Editor-in-chief, el Jefe Grande, and all around cook and bottle washer, I ultimately take credit and/or blame for everything that appears here. To make this something you enjoy reading, I first make it something I would. Not everything here is meant to be earth shattering or profound, sometimes it's just funny, or interesting to me. And there's at least some new content everyday for non subscribers. (Subscribers sit with me on the beach, sipping rum drinks at Hanauma Bay. Subscription price To Be Determined.)

It's been a great seven years. Most days are more fun than work. I have been joined by some outstanding talents, to entertain, enlighten and inform you. I appreciate every one who visits here, even the ones who disagree with me. (And you know who you are!) I'm trying to educate you just as fast as I can! (And, get some higher quality trolls just as soon as I can afford them!)

- Mike,  a.k.a. Proof



Find me on Twitter @ProofBlog and Facebook

(BTW, There should always be cake! )

*Every year I think we've been viewed in every country in the world and every year a couple more seem to show up!

20 comments:

  1. Congrats Proof! I stop by every day and always enjoy the visit.

    Keep on, keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir! We appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, whoa, whoa! Usually one gets time off for good behavior and you're doubling my sentence?? Gee, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the high five! My monitor, on the other hand, may never be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. Nothing like a cake hangover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Proof. Seven years is a long time in the Blogosphere and a long time to keep your game asghg sharp as you have done. May you have another seven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you kindly! I think it's kind of like dog years...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit late, but I'm finally here to wish you a happy blog birthday.

    Keep rockin'!

    PS: In about a month, I will celebrate my 10th blogoversary. 10 years! I must be stubborn -- or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ten years??? Holy cow! When did you start blogging? Twelve???
    We'll be looking forward to that landmark. BTW, there should be cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack,
    I'm like a dog with a bone. Once I get onto something, I worry it to death.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Proof, I'm just verklemffplt (giving you a chance to proof-correct) that I had my head buried in work and completely missed your 7th anniversary! So sorry, Buddy, but WELL DONE! I owe you a scotch!
    http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z419/gruntofmontecristo/Proof7j_zpsrvoqhsty.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  12. No worries! I was so busy this year I almost missed it myself! I didn't know any photos still existed from my driver's ed class!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too seemed to have missed your anniversary. Proof. Sorry about that.
    Congrats on a job well done and keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No worries! Thanks! Glad you and your 'party animal' finally made it!

    ReplyDelete