Wednesday, July 23, 2008

One Man Gaffe Machine Imitates Energizer Bunny

Barack Obama is at it again! Holy Cow! Does this guy ever stop? Recently in Israel, Obama made a pledge:

"In terms of knowing my commitments, you don't have to just look at my words. You can look at my deeds. Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment from Iran as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon.”


Sounds lovely! Sort of brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it? Until you realize that Barack Obama is NOT a member of the US Senate Banking Committee! In other words, he's saying, you don't have to rely just on my phony rhetoric, you can rely on my taking claim for other people's work as well!

Powerline calls it: The Fine Line between lying and pandering. I call it, the "Can’t Walk a Straight Line Between the Truth and Whatever the Audience Needs to hear"!

If committed by a Republican, this would be a gaffe of historic proportions. Even a Senator as inattentive to his duties as Obama certainly knows what committees he serves on. For him to fabricate the claim, out of whole cloth, that the Senate Banking Committee is "[his] committee," strikes me as another sign of Obama's megalomania. That, plus more evidence that he is totally at sea without a teleprompter.


Obama tells you that his word is as good as his bond (Yeah. Right!) But, beyond that, you can rely on his non-existent actions to back up his word! Well! I certainly am a lot more comforted now that he really means what he says! / sarcasm

Again, I would make the plea: Is there somewhere we could we institute a National Clearing House to keep track of all the Obama gaffes? I’m still thinking we could get by with a facility half the size of the Library of Congress (maybe!), and maybe a minimum of six full and part-time staff to provide the 24/7 coverage needed.

Hat tip Powerline
Cross posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment