Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Visions of America's Greatness

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.

-Abraham Lincoln

We are indeed, and we are today, the last best hope of man on earth.

-Ronald Wilson Reagan

Hey! Don't look at me! I was only three months old*!
-Barack Obama

The self absorption of the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue apparently knows no bounds. Past presidents have been mindful of the dignity of the office, of the continuity of history that is incumbent on the Office of the Presidency of the United States. President Obama could not think of anything to say in defense of his country, other than: "It's not my fault!"

Nor was this the first time that Obama has used that particular cop out. Remember during the campaign when someone tried to call Obama to account for his association with known domestic terrorist Bill Ayers? Rather than take a principled stand against violence, Mr. Obama could only dissimulate: "I was only eight at the time of the bombings". In other words, "It's not my fault!"

Reagan's vision of a shining city on a hill was not dependent on when he was born into it, nor was it diminished when he left it. It was an ideal he strove for while he was here. I don't remember Lincoln apologizing for the Founding Fathers for not having eliminated slavery "four score and seven years ago".

"Four score and seven years ago? Hell! I wasn't even born then! You certainly can't blame me for what's happened to the Union!"

Not exactly the nature of words you chisel in granite!

For all those who want to compare Obama to Lincoln...maybe a Prius would be a better choice! (Or a Yugo?)

“I’m grateful President Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old*,”


Or, Maybe he wants to go with imaginary Lincoln's "Hell, I wasn't even born then!" The invasion at the Bay of Pigs in Cuba was in April 1961. Obama was born three to four months later, in August of '61.

Cross Posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment