Thursday, July 23, 2009

On "Acting Stupidly"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I'm sure you've heard by now, that the President of the United States interjected himself into a local police matter by addressing it at his press conference.

Among the responses available to him were:

"No comment"

"I have no comment"

"This is a matter for the local police and local courts, so I will not comment."

"I do not possess all of the facts, so it would not be prudent for me to comment at this time."


However, what he actually did say, after acknowledging that he did not have all the facts, was to assert that the police "acted stupidly" in the matter.

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but the only one who "acted stupidly" was the Leader of the Free World, a person whose every word will be parsed closely and examined for layers of meaning, who shot from the hip, not in possession of all the facts, but asserting himself in a way that could conceivably incite racial tensions or animosity towards honest police officers.

Acting stupidly, indeed!

Cross posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment