Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Whitman for Governor Ad



I've seen this ad popping up a lot lately. It has Mitt Romney, Condoleezza Rice and Jon Coupal of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association singing Meg's praises as it were. I'm not sure how effective this ad is going to be. On the one hand, I like Rice. On the other hand, I don't really think of Condoleezza Rice when I think "California".

On the other, other hand, we have Mitt Romney, who didn't impress me with his run for the presidency and Mr. Massachusetts, who dabbled in the Winter Olympics in Utah, is also not the poster boy for California politics.

Howard Jarvis was the driving force behind the Prop 13 tax relief measure, and I haven't paid much attention to them since, so I cannot attest to their fidelity to their founder.

But the feeling I get from the commercial is that of bringing in ringers. Are there no home grown heavy hitters that can testify for Meg?

It looks like Newt Gingrich is jumping on the Meg bandwagon, too. We all know his insight and acumen from jumping in on the wrong side of NY-23. One more carpet bagger for the campaign.

And how will she explain her near thirty year absence from voting? If not now, then in November?
In the interest of full disclosure, I have come out and endorsed Steve Poizner.

Cross posted at Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment