Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Adieu, Beltway Blips!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


As some of you know, I have had a Beltway Blips rating button on my site for several months. There was also a feature of "Top Stories" that folks around the web gave a "thumbs up" to, featured on the side bar. I noticed a day or two ago that the button was missing, but I've been on the road and just wasn't sure whether it was some vaguery of the Internet or something peculiar to my computer, so I didn't think much about it. Then, this morning, in search of my lost button, I went to the beltway blips site and found this:

Thank you for your interest, but the website you are trying to visit is no longer being supported.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our bloggers, visitors, and advertisers who have supported our sites.


A'Googling I went to see what else I could find. Seems I wasn't the only one taken by surprise. Today's Politics by FreedomLover noted their abrupt passing.

I also enjoyed seeing my rankings among all the blogs they tracked. I had my own personal goal of surpassing LGF, which was not all that hard considering my ascendancy and Charles' descent into madness. FYI, I beat him twice this year, ascending as high as the low 220's while Charles hovered around the mid 230's.
For the most part, I had clawed my way up to around 250. (Our own fair Lady C. broke three hundred and stayed there consistently.) Given time I think those numbers would have continued to improve. And I always appreciated the traffic that the Daily Radar sent my way.

But, nothing lasts forever. I will miss Beltway Blips, and hope that those behind the site have moved on to bigger and better things. It was fun while it lasted.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I had only just begun on Beltway Blips but nature abhors a vacuum a site called Thoora has taken their place-in a sense-you can learn more at Today's politics by Freedomlover.

    Thanks also for your earlier comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here today gone tomorrow I was shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freedomlover: Thanks! I'll check out Thoora.

    Harrison: "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" -N. Bonaparte

    ReplyDelete