Thursday, January 26, 2012

President Thin-Skin's Brilliant Brewer-Book Stimulus Program

Obama and Governor Brewer on the tarmac in Phoenix, Arizona, 1/25/2011 (AP Photo)


Cross-posted at the Left Coast Rebel

Via Politico:

It was a tense moment on the tarmac.

President Obama, alighting from the stairs of Air Force One in Phoenix this afternoon, was greeted by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer, who handed him an envelope and the two exchanged what appeared to be some heated sentiments. At one point, she pointed her finger at him.

Asked afterward what happened, Brewer said, “He was a little disturbed about my book, Scorpions for Breakfast.

“I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president. The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt,” she said, according to a pool report. “He didn’t feel that I had treated him cordially. I said I was sorry he felt that way but I didn’t get my sentence finished. Anyway, we’re glad he’s here. I’ll regroup.”

In the envelope she had given him was a handwritten letter, Brewer said — “an invitation that I’ve extended to him before with regards to coming to Arizona and going to the border with me. . . . We’ve had a remarkable comeback here and I want to share that with him.”

A White House official confirmed the invitation and described the encounter in more bureaucratic terms: “The President said he’d be glad to meet with her again, but did note that after their last meeting, a cordial discussion in the Oval Office, the governor inaccurately described the meeting in her book. The President looks forward to continuing taking steps to help Arizona’s economy grow.”

The pool reporter, POLITICO’s Carrie Budoff Brown, said the scene was far from the norm. Aside from the pointing, they appeared to talk over each other and he appeared to walk away from her while they were still talking.

My clear takeaway from this story is that President Thin-Skin couldn't stand the fact that Governor Real Leader's book has a (passage?) that is slightly less-than-rosy toward Him. They met on the tarmac, sparks of discontent flew, God forbid.

But just what did Governor Brewer say in her book?



The Hill:

In the book, Brewer complains about one meeting at the White House with Obama -- centered around immigration and border security -- writing, “It was though President Obama thought he could lecture me, and I would learn at his knee.”

Initially, Brewer called the meeting “cordial.” But in the book, she walked back the sentiment, calling the president “patronizing.”

I get it: The gist of Governor Brewer's transgression in her book is that Obama is arrogant. "It was though he could lecture me, and I would learn at his knee." This is exactly what I have sensed about Obama since day one; that we are a nation of children begging to learn at his knee. It's the condescension and arrogance of this man that transcends ideology. For the life of me, I don't understand how anyone can watch this man and feel anything but queasiness in the stomach.

"Please, oh Obama, we are so unworthy of your wisdom, oh please! Enlighten us, oh we lowly peasants! Please, Professor-President!"

-- The expected chorus of children (and adults with no reasoning skills) across America.

This has me thinking: Just who found this inflammatory, unpleasant quote about Obama in Governor Brewer's book? How many resources were spent seeking this (and others) out? How many low-paid Plouffe trolls did it take to dig up one lowly little passage in a book? Isn't the Messiah above a passage in a small-state governor's book? How Orwellian is that?

I guess we should appreciate that Obama is increasing the sales of something other than anti-depressants in this country.

This sounds like a good read.

Via Memeorandum.

13 comments:

  1. She invited him to go to the border with her. Immediately, Eric Holder arrested her for threatening the life of the president! Oh, wait! The border is safer than it's ever been! (Stop laughing!) Never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She said that HE spoke to her like she was a little child when discussing states' immigration policy. I think we will see the states taking charge of more policy decisions and investigations in the future...I pray it is so!

    http://thescottcarpdream.blogspot.com/2012/01/power-to-states.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That finger is the wrong finger ... or should it have been a fist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To see someone actually stick a finger in his face made my heart sing. He's always pointing his ugly finger. I hate him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    “"Please, oh Obama, we are so unworthy of your wisdom, oh please! Enlighten us, oh we lowly peasants! Please, Professor-President!"”

    So a Democratic Party President meets a RepublicanT Party Governor. In a clear case of ‘he said, she said;’ you go off on a diatribe about being a lowly peasant. Wow. Do you think your overwhelming inferiority complex helps explain this example of your delusional Obama Derangement Syndrome?

    Ema Nymton
    ~@:o?
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you put a lot of thought into your comments, Emma. Nice cut-and-paste from LCR.

      Delete
    2. LCR: It's tough enough to try to get liberals to come up with one original or cogent thought. Of course, they have to spam whatever meager arguments they can come up with in multiple places. Originality isn't their forte.

      Delete
  6. I am so sick and tired of this buffoon. Good for Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Jan Brewer! Unfortunately he needs way more than a finger and a talking to in order to make an impact on him. The man is an egotitistical brat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vote for "best leadership skills" goes to the person in this photo who presides over a balanced budget.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun fact: Brewer's book standing on Amazon skyrocketed after this little tarmac tête-à-tête.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I thought would happen when I saw this story, ha ha!

      Delete