Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quote du jour

I'd just put Ed Hickey into a taxi. Ed had been mixing his rye with his gin, and I just felt that he needed conveying. Well, anyway, I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.
-Elwood P. Dowd

2 comments:

  1. Another great quote from a great movie. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name"...as if that were the only potentially surprising thing there. Great deadpan line!

      Delete