Monday, September 30, 2013

We Welcome John Cox as a Contributor to Proof Positive!

What did I tell you? Too. Freaking. Cool!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Portrait of John Cox under the benevolent eye of his new editor.

Many of you are familiar with the very talented artist John Cox. And to think, I have to thank Harry Reid for the events leading up to John becoming a contributor here!

Last week, I started corresponding with John after seeing a portrait he'd done of Senate majority leader Harry Reid. After Reid repeatedly made the slanderous accusations about the tea party being anarchists, my blood started to boil, and I asked John if I could use his portrait of Reid to illustrate my post, Harry Reid is an Ignorant Fascist With Stinky Feet* .

Shortly after, John suggested a collaboration, where he might illustrate some of my future posts or do caricatures of obscure folk that I might have occasion to write about. I took a step beyond that and invited John to become a contributor to the blog and contribute whatever pieces past, present or future, that he would like to share with this audience.

Have I mentioned yet that this is Too. Freaking. Cool? I'm a big fan of John's and I think many of you will become fans, as well, if you aren't already. Be sure to visit John at his own blog, too, John Cox Art. Some of it's political, some of it's humorous. Some of it is just art for art's sake! (Yeah, I know. What a hippie!)

Welcome aboard, John! Make yourself at home! I am indeed looking forward to collaborating with you.

Note to my readers: I had originally scheduled this for 8AM Eastern, but, face it! It was just Too. Freaking. Cool. And some of you were losing patience (and you know who you are!)

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Congratulations on the "big get". I'll never be able to compete with John Cox's talent. I'm not artist. Have a lot of fun. This should be snarkalicious.

      Delete
    2. Snarkalicious, indeed! Don't belittle your own gifts, though. What you do with Photoshop is an art form by itself!

      Delete
  2. Should make for a great team! Good get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking for John to do all the heavy lifting while he classes up the place!

      Delete
    2. It shouldn't take too much to 'class up the place'.

      Delete
    3. Are you implying there was so little to begin with, it wouldn't take much??? Gosh, and I used to like you! Heh.

      Delete
    4. Like I have room to talk about class...

      Delete
  3. I don't get it ... You have always lead me to believe you could do everything. Now you're saying you need help? You have just shattered my impression of you.

    Welcome aboard Mr Cox. Evidently Proof needs all the help he can get. I'll check your site next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Odie, I can do everything, but I realized it was selfish of me not to share.

      Delete
  4. Is he a 49er fan? I will be watching...Not for the Niner;s but his work! Good work young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Is he a 49er fan?" Gosh, Randy. I'm not sure how he could have passed the deal breaker questions in the interview without telling me! Don't worry! If he's a Cowboys fan, I'll make sure he's sufficiently shamed.

      Delete