Friday, May 1, 2015

Innocent Until Proven Guilty?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"To those of you who wish to engage in brutality, misconduct, racism and corruption, let me be clear: There is no place in the Baltimore City Police Department for you."
-Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

I don't know about you, but to me the implication is the six officers who were arrested, three white, three black, are guilty of brutality, misconduct, racism and corruption. Seems pretty obvious to her, I guess. But, don't police officers have the same right of presumption of innocence that the rest of us are supposed to enjoy?

You know what else there's no place in the Baltimore City Police Department? Cannibalism. Pedophilia. Usury. Lots of things. Other than pandering to the mob, what is the point in listing 'racism' as being unacceptable to the Baltimore PD, when three of the six officers in this incident are black?

To imply that any or all of these six officers are guilty of any brutality, misconduct, racism or corruption, before the first shred of evidence is presented against them is demagoguery.

Part of the problem of a big city like Baltimore is that their mayor is half-Blaked.

5 comments:

  1. I find the lack of sources disturbing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just inferred the thing about cannibalism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of sources, I noticed I got a hit from
    http://hotelman24.rssing.com/chan-13012244/all_p4.html
    Is this you or someone merely reposting your material? Thought you might like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, some kind of RSS feed thing. I did not create this


    my image hits have dropped, this might be the reason


    I will be turning it off
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda figured that was the case. I've had it happen to me a couple times.

    ReplyDelete