Monday, July 4, 2016

The Sons of Liberty

Walt Disney's Johnny Tremain, "The Sons of Liberty" (1957)


Not sure why, but this song popped into my head a couple days ago, even though I haven't heard it in over fifty years.  Funny thing about memory...even though the audio was pretty much as I remembered it, after viewing the video several times, I couldn't remember even a single frame of the video. Nothing looked familiar. I noticed the bad lip syncing of what sounded like a studio recording. I saw what looked like a Hollywood set instead of a real town. I noticed the close up of the girl, well lit and soft focused that screamed "love interest". I saw closeups of character actors who would likely play a prominent part in the upcoming show...things I probably wouldn't have noticed when I was seven, but not a single frame of the video was even vaguely familiar. Go figure.


"Love interest"

No comments:

Post a Comment