Monday, February 26, 2018

Commentary on Obama's Secret Speech: Paranoia or Subversion?



In another brief suspension of our "Obama Free Zone", former President Obama gave a speech in which all the audience was sworn to secrecy as to what he said. No recordings, no quoting, no Tweeting, and anyone caught doing so would be subject to penalties. What in the world is he trying to hide? This was my comment over on another forum.

This is truly bizarre, and to use one of Obama's favorite words...unprecedented! No president to my knowledge, living or dead, has ever made such a request. Bizarre, too, in that every politician, celebrity or activist who believes that their viewpoint, policy or knowledge is superior to any other, typically wants to find the biggest platform, the biggest microphone, the largest audience they can find.

I suspect he took some cheap shots at Trump and didn't want to look petty,
took claim for the success of the Trump recovery, which would make him look delusional,
criticized Trump, Republicans and the NRA for the lack of gun control, which would make him look irrelevant.
If I were in his shoes, I would ask the event be televised, but then, the things I would say would be to strengthen the nation, preserve liberty and freedom. But then, that's just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment