Monday, December 9, 2019

New Car Blues


It's been about five years from my last new car to this one, and there've been a few changes, not all of them for the better.

One thing I found out about my new car after I bought it, was a heated steering wheel! I had heated seats on the last one, but a steering wheel? I can't tell you how decadent it is to push a button and have the steering wheel warm to the touch? Goodbye driving gloves!

On the negative side, the nanny state caught up to my Tucson. On my way back home, I thought I'd try programming an address into the GPS. So there I am, sitting waiting for a light, going zero miles per hour, foot firmly on the brake, and it instructs me that I cannot program the GPS while "driving". Sheesh. I used to program the other one on the fly, because, despite rumors to the contrary, I can walk and chew gum. Oh, well!

So far, it's been a dream to drive. Maybe it's the new car smell? Maybe it's the upgrade on the sound system? 315 watt AM/FM/AM/PM/DM/3M, eight speakers... haven't cranked it all the way up yet.

Anyway, this may be the last new car I ever buy, so I intend to enjoy the heck out of it. Of course, I kinda thought the last car I bought would be the last one I'd ever buy, but we'll just take it one day at a time and see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment