Friday, February 14, 2020

POSSLQ Valentine

There's nothing that I wouldn't do

If you would be my POSSLQ.

You live with me, and I with you,

And you will be my POSSLQ.

I'll be your friend and so much more;

That's what a POSSLQ is for.

And everything we will confess;

Yes, even to the IRS

Someday, on what we both may earn,

Perhaps we'll file a joint return.

You'll share my pad, my taxes joint.

You'll share my life - up to a point!

And that you'll be so glad to do,

Because you'll be my POSSLQ.

Come live with me and be my love

And share the pain and pleasure of

The blessed continuity,

Official POSSLQuity.

And I will whisper in your ear.

That word you love so much to hear.

And love will stay forever new,

If you will be my POSSLQ.
-Charles Osgood

("persons of opposite sex sharing living quarters")

No comments:

Post a Comment