Friday, October 9, 2020

Three Month Challenge update

In the interest of full disclosure, I did go to the grocery store today. I had a stopped up sink and I was out of drain cleaner. I was starting to see signs of primordial life there, so, I ventured out into the wide wide world. And I confess, I cheated, just a bit, on my three month pledge.

On my way to pick up what I needed, I passed a display of beautiful, ripe bananas. I had cut bananas out of my diet completely for the 6 -8 months I was on keto. Prior to that, I'd buy 2-3 every time I bought groceries. So, I picked up two (2) bananas. Out of habit, I cruised by the short code meat and seafood displays. There were several lovely slabs of fresh salmon for fifty cents on the dollar, and a couple of small tri tip roasts for 30% off.

I picked up one pkg. of salmon and two tritips. Figure dinner for a week. I'll add another week onto the end of my three month challenge to make up for bad (yet very thrifty) behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment