Wednesday, June 9, 2021

An Update on "Something's Coming"

Soon. My next door neighbor should buy a lottery ticket. They changed the time of my surgery to where I no longer have to show up at the hospital at five, but at seven! Much less brutal. He doesn't know it yet!

Today is a very light schedule, which I have said, if I were thrown into the Octagon, with a three legged kitten, with two legs tied behind its back, I'd have to bet on the kitten!
Still I have my rides to and from the hospital lined up. Groceries in the pantry, carols at the spinet...think all my ducks are in a row.

Even though my expectations are to come through the procedure with flying colors, I don't want to be presumptuous. Small incision, large valve shoved into the heart, should be textbook. And the textbook says, no matter how simple the procedure, there's always a possibility of something going wrong.

Personally, I'm hoping for the "radioactive spider bite" thing going wrong over the "killer satellite crashes into hospital" thing, but my spirits are high.

For you praying folk, the operation is scheduled for roughly 9 AM Pacific time Thursday. One to two hours in surgery, and green Jell-o, with Hulk like properties for lunch! What could possible happen?

See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment