Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Something's Coming

West Side Story - Something's Coming

You know the old joke, "There's good news and bad news"? The good news is, my surgery is scheduled for June 10th. The bad news is, it's at 5AM. I've got to find a relative or friend willing to leave their house between 3AM and 4:30 for the trip in. Sounds exciting just thinking about it!
It won't be open heart surgery. We've all decided on the Whoopie Cushion Up The Leg procedure, which is about three hours shorter, doesn’t require general anesthesia, (which is good, because that's not my preferred method) and doesn't require a 6-8 week recovery time for one's chest bones to heal.
I have a preop meeting scheduled for Tuesday the 8th, when I will probably have to get yet another COVID test. -But the end is in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment